Summer workshop in Madeira Island, new beginning?

 I would like to summarize the events I initiated during this year's summer vacation. This was a project that I managed to realize with the support of the wonderful women running the Art Center Caravel gallery. If it weren't for the fact that I am a mother of a five-year-old and for these incredible women, I probably would never have come up with the idea of organizing summer art workshops.


When the beginnings of this project took place, which was back in December and January, I wasn't entirely convinced of the idea. I doubted my translation skills and didn't feel confident in a foreign language. Fortunately, a group of people from the gallery and a close friend who attended the first workshop sessions helped me overcome my doubts and provided valuable support.


Unfortunately, illness - both mine and my daughter's - caused the project to be put on hold for a few months. However, when new daily routines and a new season were approaching rapidly, along with growing interest in this form of spending time, I decided to take up the challenge again. I can confidently say that several of my workshop ideas ended up being successful.


Now, I plan to continue certain proven concepts in October. It has been an incredible journey for me, filled with challenges but also great satisfaction. I want to thank everyone who was a part of this project and supported me at different stages of its implementation


BOOKMARKS


I love books, and I thought that it will be a good inspiration for making workshop to  create bookmarks.

 

Book lovers care a lot of books, we love smell of paper, the sound of a card being turned so bookmarks could be thinks to enhance these sensations.


Moreover, if it made with love for anther person, as a souvenir, I think it is something very precious.


So in that moments we created bookmarks for family members,
where the stayed at home to keep on eye on pets


We were using paints, colored paper, glue, crayons, markers, punches and decorating's paper.
It was really good fun during 2 hours!


ART HISTORY WITH CAT


When I was One day, in a bookstore I noticed a very interesting book, which served as an inspiration to create the workshops. Namely Historia da Arte em 21 Gatos, helped me organize an interesting time for children and adults



When younger participant just draw, 
they cut, glued, copied, I could share interesting facts from the old days.


Each person has different temper, so it was really good time to see differences but idea, space, linked and influenced for each of us.
 




BE AS AN STYLIST


It was creative time for everyone, who like..... clothes!:)
And time for creating your own dream style!:) Play with color, texture and shape. This classes was full of great inner contact in very inspiring environment.


Do you like to combine colors? Do you prefer stripes or dots?
Do you want to spend a nice time with your child, or is the child interested in clothes?
Time for yourself time to  fun and relax!







FLOWERS PAINTING


I chose the topic of flowers for the workshops because they are really close to me. 
Since I live in Madeira and started working with the gallery 3 years ago, flowers have become an indispensable part of me. 
In addition, they influenced greater concentration on them when creating patterns.




I decided to let the participants choose their favorite theme.
 I shared the most important tips for painting with watercolor... And let's get started!




The pictures speak for themselves :)




LANDSCAPE WATERCOLOR


And again, I didn't want to tell anyone what they should do.
Just tips and help during paintings was enough to have great time:)






To sum up, the workshop was intended to create conditions that would allow us to try, at least for a moment, the part of us that we often forget in closeness and comfort.



So, thank for participants and gallery for such great time and see you soon!!!


Comments

Popular Posts