Peonies, flowers which where meeting with great women

 


Ah, these workshops... They started innocently and resulted in an avalanche of interesting meetings and projects that would never have been implemented if it weren't for them.

Once upon a time, a woman in a red hat came to a flower painting workshop with her two children... Her name was Olesea.
It was still summer....

It only took a few moments and we both felt that we had something in common...

She came again, again, for another....
After some time, she asked if I would paint her flowers... on the kitchen table...
Then, as I read her question, I was filled with great gratitude for my dad, who always took me on his carpentry adventures. Thanks to this, working with wood and similar materials was no stranger to me.
I wondered if it would work, because you never know how such a project will end....
Both of us (probably) driven by the desire to complete this project rather than fear, we agreed to give it a try.
First, I proposed a project in the form of painting more or less what could be found on the table



After painting the proposal, it turned out that the colors would have to be changed.

Then, as I read her question, I was filled with great gratitude for my dad, who always took me on his carpentry adventures. Thanks to this, working with wood and similar materials was no stranger to me.
This encouraged me and the day came for painting alone. First, however, the table had to be prepared for painting - the coating had to be sanded off with sandpaper...
Then it was just pure pleasure...





The painting shows peony flowers, which are a symbol of wealth, love and happiness. These flowers are very popular in Asia, especially in China and Japan, where they are considered a symbol of prosperity and prosperity. The painting is made in colors with pink and purple flowers and green, stylized, less detailed leaves. The flowers appear very realistic and their delicate petals and leaves are very detailed. The painting is made on a brown-beige background with the texture of aged concrete, which gives it a rustic and industrial character.

But that's not all. However, the pattern designer's bias is already taking its toll and I couldn't resist using these painted flowers as patterns.
So they also became another challenge, namely how to translate them well into a pattern so that they do not lose their character.






Sweat and beautiful  painted peonies patterns



You can find these and other designs at:











Comments

Popular Posts